Secure Mobile File Management for Enterprise Mobility Users
Mobile devices have had a profound impact on the corporate world, having become virtually ubiquitous across all industries and roles – sales, marketing, finance, legal, customer support, R&D, etc. In a very short time, mobile devices, such as the iPad and the iPhone, have become as engrained in the culture of corporations as the laptop.
But there are also areas of concern. Security, compliance and management are but a few of the questions that enterprises and IT are challenged to address. How can enterprise IT provide secure access to corporate content and files – on file servers, SharePoint and NAS devices - for mobile device users?
The answer is mobilEcho: the industry’s first and only Mobile File Management (MFM) software for enterprise mobility users. mobilEcho enables IT to provide their users with secure and managed access, via Active Directory authentication, to files and content on enterprise file servers and NAS storage, just as they have from their laptop or desktop. mobilEcho ensures that the end user has a simple, easy to use solution and that IT can implement the security and management capabilities required by their organization.
mobilEcho enables enterprise IT to provide simple, secure and managed access to enterprise file servers, SharePoint and NAS devices for mobile device users, eliminating any IT headaches caused by employee use of unsafe consumer-based services and other non-compliant alternatives. mobilEcho allows IT to secure and control access to the content while ensuring that its mobile users have access to content, files and materials necessary to perform their jobs. mobilEcho also provides innovative and integrated solutions for customers with other leading vendors such as Good Technology, Quickoffice, and Salesforce.com, for example. mobilEcho is the foundation of any enterprise mobility strategy to enable secure content and file access for mobility users.
Whether an organization has a BYOD (bring your own device) strategy, provides employees with mobile devices, or a mix of both, mobilEcho can ensure that all corporate files and content can be securely accessed by the right people. Download your free trial today, or watch the mobilEcho Demo Now!
Enterprise mobility has opened up a wealth of opportunity for corporations and organizations across all industries and sectors. The ability to quickly access information anywhere, any time is essential to driving revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction. And that's just the beginning.
Whether your enterprise is looking to deploy mobile devices for knowledge and task workers like field service reps and sales people, to executives on-the-go, or you are looking to support BYOD and employee-owned devices, mobilEcho makes sure all corporate files and assets – located on file servers, SharePoint, and NAS devices - can be securely accessed by the right people.
mobilEcho's business value is derived from its ability to address key enterprise concerns while delivering value-added benefits. These include:
Learn how our customers are using mobilEcho to drive their enterprise mobility strategies:
- Rust-Oleum Case Study - Worldwide Leader in Paints and Coatings Rust-Oleum Installs mobilEcho for On-the-Fly Access to Corporate Files, Enabling Users to Make Quick Decisions with Confidence
- Basel-Stadt Case Study - Regional Government in Switzerland Implements Secure Mobile File Management
- Bedford Industries Case Study - Innovative Manufacturer Implements Mobile File Management Solution for Secure Remote File Access
Simple. Secure. Managed.
mobilEcho gives IT organizations a solid foundation for their Mobile File Management (MFM) strategy. With the simplicity demanded by end users, and the security and management required by enterprises, mobilEcho encompasses a number of key features that drive value for the enterprise.
Simple – Ease of use with rich functionality (see video)
- The intuitive interface requires virtually no end user training.
- Users can access, browse, preview, edit and search files on corporate file servers (Windows, Linux, Mac), NAS storage devices and activEcho servers.
- Users can access, browse, preview, edit and search files on SharePoint servers, including support for check-in/checkout.
- Users can view and annotate PDF files within the secure mobilEcho app.
- Users can bookmark folders for quick access.
- With one-way and two-way syncing, business units can keep employees up to date with the latest materials (such as sales presentations, data sheets, product docs, etc.).
- My Files feature allows users to store files safely and securely for offline file access.
- AD Home Directory Access grants users access to their individual files in their respective Home Directory.
- Quickoffice® 'Save Back' support allows Office files to be edited and saved back into mobilEcho, on the device or on the server.
- For IT, mobilEcho can be deployed in less than ten minutes.
Secure – ensures all the critical corporate content and files are protected (see video)
- Active Directory support allows enterprises to integrate mobilEcho into existing corporate security infrastructure.
- All files are encrypted in transit an on-device.
- Full support for HTTPS Reverse Proxy password and certificate authentication.
- IT can whitelist or blacklist the third-party apps that mobilEcho files are allowed to be opened into.
- Secure PDF preview and annotation within the mobilEcho app meets corporate security, compliance and governance standards.
- Secure encryption with HTTPS and Apple Data Protection is provided for all files on the mobilEcho server.
- IT has the ability to perform a selective remote wipe of mobilEcho files and access if needed.
- Optional time-based wipe and/or lock if client ceases to connect to the mobilEcho server.
- mobilEcho can be deployed as part of the Good Technology’s Good Dynamics environment.
Managed – ensures the enterprise and IT is in control (see video)
- mobilEcho’s Client Management system gives enterprises the flexibility to decide the best policies for their organization. Many of the features are configurable by IT administrators to ensure alignment with corporate governance, compliance and security needs.
- Using Acronis own Network Reshare, mobilEcho can act as a gateway to files on Windows, SharePoint, Linux, and Mac file servers, NAS devices, and in Distributed File System (DFS).
- Configure mobilEcho clients over the air (OTA) with policies for Active Directory users and groups.
- Set policies that can configure every aspect of mobilEcho, including app security settings, the servers, folders and home directories presented to users, and the enabling or disabling of app functions.
- Track the status of each device accessing mobilEcho.
- Integration with key mobility partners including Good Technology, Quickoffice® and Salesforce.com.
mobilEcho Server System Requirements
The mobilEcho solution consists of two components; server software and a free client app available for download on the appstore. The system requirements are as follows:
mobilEcho can be installed on both server and workstation-class versions of the Windows operating system. For optimal results, your Windows machine should be running the latest service pack from Microsoft.
Windows System Requirements
- Windows server platforms: 2012, 2008 (inc. R2), 2003 (inc. R2)
- Windows workstation platforms: Windows 7, Vista, XP Pro SP3
- Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Processor: Pentium 4
- Memory: 1 GB
Client System Requirements
mobilEcho Client Application Supported devices:
- iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini
- iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5 (iOS 4.3 or later)
- Android Phones and Tablets
mobilEcho Client Application Supported OS's:
- iOS 4.2 or later
- Android 2.2 or later
mobilEcho Product Overview
Overview of enterprise mobility, and the enduser and IT requirements for Mobile File Management (MFM).
mobilEcho iPad Client Demo
See mobilEcho in action and the key features of the mobilEcho client. For demonstration purposes, this video is focused on iPad but all the functionality is also available on iPhone.
Enterprise Security with mobilEcho
Mobile security is one of the key topics with many enterprises. This video outlines some of the major security issues, enterprises face and how Mobile File Management and mobilEcho address these key requirements.
mobilEcho Client Management Demo, Part 1
For the IT professional, this video provides a more detailed view of the management functionalities of mobilEcho including application and server policy options.
mobilEcho Client Management Demo, Part 2
Part 2 of the client management video focused on the management functionalities of mobilEcho including application and server policy options.
- The 451 Group, "MOBILE TABLETS: A Post-PC Era in the Enterprise?" Chris Hazleton, August 2011 (0.4 MB, PDF)
- IDC, "GroupLogic Introduces mobilEcho - A Secure File Management Offering for the Mobile Enterprise" Stacy Crook, May 23, 2011 (0.2 MB, PDF)
Customer Success Stories
- Leading Green Institution Employs mobilEcho to Reduce Waste and Streamline Productivity for Senior Staff - University of East Anglia (1.5 MB, PDF)
- Worldwide Leader in Paints and Coatings Rust-Oleum Installs mobilEcho for On-the-Fly Access to Corporate Files, Enabling Users to Make Quick Decisions with Confidence – Rust-Oleum Case Study (0.3 MB, PDF)
- Regional Government in Switzerland Implements Secure Mobile File Management – Basel-Stadt Case Study (0.4 MB, PDF)
- Innovative Manufacturer Implements Mobile File Management Solution for Secure Remote File Access - Bedford Industries Case Study (0.2 MB, PDF)
Videos and Demos
- Mobile File Management and Mobile Device Management Together (0.3 MB, PDF)
- Top 5 Mobile Security Threats (0.3 MB, PDF)
- Infrastructure, Interrupted: Apple in the Enterprise Re-Defined (0.3 MB, PDF)
- Enterprise Security with mobilEcho
- 5 Things You Need To Know About iPad in The Enterprise (0.5 MB, PDF)
- 5-Step Deployment Plan for Mobile File Management
Product and Program Briefs
- What's New in mobilEcho 4.0.2? (0.2 MB, PDF)
- Data Sheet (0.5 MB, PDF)
- mobilEcho Frequently Asked Questions (0.1 MB, PDF)
- Secure File Access, Syncing and Sharing: mobilEcho and activEcho (0.0 MB, PDF)
- mobilEcho Quick Start Guide
- mobilEcho Server User Manual
- mobilEcho iOS Client User Manual
- mobilEcho Android Client User Manual
- mobilEcho for Good Dynamics Admin Guide
Click here for latest releases.
Click here for our Knowledge Base.