Your most complete Disk Management Toolbox
Do you need to move or merge workstation partitions without data loss, minimize downtime for maintenance and deliver higher disk performance? Feature-rich Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Workstation provides the answer. It’s a disk management tool built on Acronis award-winning technologies that simplifies and speeds advanced disk layout operations. It inherits all the functionality of the previous version and adds exciting new capabilities like Windows 7 support, Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support, spanning a volume across multiple disks and much more.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation tools
Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Workstation provides you with powerful partition and hard disk management utilities to ensure your workstations are running efficiently. Acronis has a long history of supporting Microsoft operating systems and this version includes full support for Windows 7 as well as Windows Vista™ and Windows XP™. Dynamically split, merge, resize, copy and move partitions within Windows to minimize downtime. Perform advanced hard disk drive editing tasks, such as recovering important data areas of a hard drive and searching for and/or extracting information that was lost due to software and hardware failures or virus attack.
- Partition Manager
- Resize, move, copy, split, and merge partitions without data loss. Speeds creation of partition settings for new PCs.
- Acronis Recovery Expert
- Recover lost or accidentally deleted partitions.
- Disk Editor
- Allows users to perform advanced operations on your hard disk drive, such as restoration of boot records and hexadecimal editing.
Some other new features:
- Dynamic Disk and GPT disk Support - Take advantage of built-in Microsoft functions.
- Remote Management - Manage any disk from a central console.
- Span volume across multiple physical disks - Big volumes are no longer a problem.
- Aids in Windows 7 migration from earlier Windows operating systems - Easily repartition your drive to create additional disk space for this larger operating system.
Enhance Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation’s capabilities with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 backup software.
Here's how you can take advantage of Acronis’ hard drive manager and disaster recovery software together:
- Create two partitions on your system: one for your system files and one for your data files.
- Image your system partition using Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 backup before applying system changes, such as installing a new application or patch.
- Create daily (or as often as you need) backups of your data partition.
Using two great Acronis products you will always have an image of your server and a backup of your data. This will save you valuable time in recoveries and reduce your storage requirements.
Acronis® Disk Director® 11 Advanced Workstation brings together the most popular disk management functions in a single suite.
- New! Support for Windows® 7
- New! Clone MBR disks to a replacement hard drive without reinstalling operating systems and applications
- New! Dynamic Disk and GPT disk support
- Resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data
- Reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage
- Edit the hard disk at the sector level manually
- New! Span volume across multiple physical disks
- New! Add or break mirrored volumes*
- New! Manage remote machines from a central console
- Recover lost or deleted partitions on basic MBR disks
*For operating systems that support this feature
- New! Create both basic and dynamic volumes
- The handy Create Volume wizard has been improved to support dynamic volumes creation. Now, in addition to basic volumes, you can easily create dynamic volumes in Acronis Disk Director to:
- - Increase the volume size beyond the capacity of a single disk, by using a spanned volume
- - Reduce access time to files, by using a striped volume
- New! Add, remove, or break mirrored volumes*
- Make your basic or simple volume fault-tolerant in just one action by adding a mirror. If you need extra unallocated space on a disk containing one of the mirrors—remove a mirror. Break a mirrored volume to get two independent simple volumes with initially identical content.
- New! Copy or move a volume of one type as a volume of another type
- Change the type of a volume when copying or moving it. For example, you can copy the contents of a mirrored volume to a spanned volume.
- New! Convert primary volumes to logical and vice versa
- Convert a primary volume to logical to create a fifth volume on a disk that currently has four primary volumes.
- New! Convert basic disks to dynamic and vice versa
- Convert the existing basic disks to dynamic to achieve additional disk reliability for data storage.
- New! Convert GPT disks to MBR and vice versa
- Change the partitioning scheme of your disk to the way you need it.
- New! Import foreign disks
- Make dynamic disks added from another machine accessible for the system.
- New! Changing a disk status: online to offline and vice versa*
- Change a disk status to offline in order to protect it from unintentional use.
- New! Disk cloning
- The Disk Cloning wizard lets you replace the old basic MBR disk with a new one without reinstalling operating systems and applications. It transfers all of the source disk data to a target disk. The source disk volumes can be cloned to the target disk "as is", or resized automatically according to the target disk size.
- Disk and volume management operations
- Experience the vast array of disk and volume management operations:
- - Resize, move, copy, split and merge volumes without data loss or destruction
- - Format and label volumes, change file systems, clusters size, assign volume letters, and set volumes active
- - Delete volumes and clean up disks
- - Hide/unhide volumes
- - Specify i-node density
- - Initialize newly added hard disks
- - Explore volume data, even on Linux volumes, before performing operations
- - Preview changes made in disk and volume layout before applying them
- - Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, volumes, and file systems
- Acronis Recovery Expert
- Helps you to recover accidentally lost or deleted volumes on basic MBR disks.
- Acronis Bootable Media Builder
- Now, you can create bootable media based both on WinPE and Linux to use Acronis Disk Director on bare metal or outside of an operating system.
- Disk Editor
- A professional tool that performs a variety of actions on a hard disk.
- Examine information about disk and volume operations, including reasons for failure, if any.
* For the operating systems that support such functionality.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation compontents:
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Management Console
- The management console is an administrative tool for remote or local access to Acronis agents.
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Agent for Windows
- The agent provides disk management functionality such as, creating, resizing and merging volumes, cloning disks, converting disks, changing a disk partitioning style between MBR and GPT or changing a disk label, etc. These operations can be performed either in the operating system or using bootable media.
- Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Bootable Media Builder
- The Bootable Media Builder is a dedicated tool for creating bootable media (p. 81). The media builder can create bootable media based on either Windows Preinstallation Environment, or Linux kernel.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation modules:
Allows you to automatically or manually merge, split, resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data. It also lets you reorganize the hard disk drive structure, optimize disk space usage and much more.
Acronis sets a new partitioning and design standards. Now everyone can be insulated from the task using goal-oriented wizards, but experienced users can access a wide array of advanced functions. Our exclusive product design includes:
- Automatic mode for non-experienced users and manual mode for advanced users.
- Targeted wizard-driven automatic partitioning for non-technical users.
- A big number of features with complete manual control for experienced users.
Ideal companion product to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
Together Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 and Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation provide comprehensive partition management and system protection. You can create two partitions on your system, one for data and one for applications. Then, you can backup your data partition on a regular schedule using Acronis Backup & Recovery 11, ensuring that you capture changes to your data. You can also backup your system partition whenever you install new applications or apply new patches.
- Dual operating mode design (Automatic mode for non-experienced users and Manual Mode for advanced users).
- FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, and Linux SWAP partition support. Special sector-by-sector support for copying and moving partitions of any other type.
- New! Split one partition into two and leave your data intact.
- New! Merge two partitions into one and leave your data untouched, even if file systems on the partitions are different.
- New! Explore partition data before performing partitioning operations.
- New! Troubleshoot issues and reasons for failure by viewing logs:
- Resize, copy, and move partitions without losing data;
- Create and delete partitions of any type;
- Format partitions;
- Automatically optimize hard disk space usage;
- Convert FAT16 <=> FAT32, Linux Ext2 <=> Ext3 partitions without losing data;
- Change cluster size automatically or manually;
- Browse through the detailed information about all hard disks, partitions and file systems;
- Hide or make visible partitions of any type;
- Preview changes made in partition layout before applying them to disk;
- Supports large disks over 180 GB.
Quite often problems can arise with hard disk drives that cannot be solved without a technically advanced disk editor. Such problems include: back up, copying, and/or recovery important data areas of a hard drive; search and/or extraction of information that was removed by accident or lost due to different soft- and hardware failures or virus attack.
Disk editor, included with Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation, provides the ability to boot from a CD/DVD or USB stick, irrespective of any operating system.
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation allows you to back up and restore critical hard drive sectors, edit contents of hard disk sectors, representing them in the most convenient way. It has a simple and effective user interface by means of disk navigation and searching, saving sector content to files and reading them from files.
Key Features and Benefits
- Allows you to edit content of a hard disk and its partitions
- Supports IDE, SCSI, USB, IEEE 1394 hard disk drives
- Works from bootable media if a PC fails to boot
- Allows you to view hard disk partition contents in a hexadecimal mode
- Supports additional viewing modes that allow you to work effectively with all disk data storage structures like Partition tables, FAT and NTFS partition boot sectors, root and other FAT folders
- Pending execution allows you first to edit sector contents and then make a decision whether you want to save disk changes or discard them
- Multi window operating mode gives you an opportunity of working with contents of one or several disk sectors in different windows
- A unified Windows XP-styled graphic user interface with full mouse support
Hard disk editing
- Supports a long list of encodings that allows you to interpret contents of hard disk sectors correctly
- Automatically transits from Partition tables to necessary disk partitions
- Transits to necessary disk sectors according to their absolute numbers
- Searches disks for char sequences entered in char or hexadecimal lines according to the selected encoding
- Works with information blocks of disk sectors
- Saves selected blocks to files and reads information from files and its inserting to disk sectors
- Provides detailed information about computer's hard disks and their partitions
PLEASE NOTE: Use of disk editor module requires advanced knowledge of partitions and file system structure.
Acronis Recovery Expert
Acronis Recovery Expert, included with Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation, completely protects your data, allowing you to recover deleted or lost partitions. You must have this program, if you care about your data safety and wish to be fully armed and ready for any personal, hard- or software failure, virus attack or hacker's intrusive destruction.
If your server becomes unbootable after a power outage or a system error, you can recover it instantly with Acronis Recovery Expert.
- Supported file systems: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, HPFS, Linux Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS, Linux Swap
- Automatic and Manual recovery mode selections
- Independenty work from bootable CD/DVD or USB stick in order to recover partitions even if your operating system fails to boot
- Supports large disks over 180 GB
- A Windows XP-like wizard styled interface for superior usability and ease of use
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows XP (all editions)
- Windows Vista (all editions)
- Windows 7 SP1 (all editions)
Supported File Systems
- FAT16, FAT32, NTFS
- Ext2, Ext3, ReiserFS3, Linux SWAP
- Special sector-by-sector support for copying and moving partitions of any other type
|Computer Processor||Modern processor, 800MHz or faster||1GHz 32-bit or 64-bit X86 processor|
|System Memory||512MB||1GB or more|
|Screen Resolution||800x600 pixels||1024x768 or higher|
|Installation Disk Space||500MB|
|Other Hardware||Mouse||CD/DVD recording drive, or a flash drive, for bootable media creation|
* Machines that are based on Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) are not supported
|Feature||Acronis Disk Director 11 Home||Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Workstation||Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced Server|
|Price per License||£34.95||£60.00||£348.00|
|Acronis Recovery Expert|
|Install Multiples OSs on one PC|
|Rescue Media Builder|
|GPT Disk Support|
|Dynamic Disk Support|
|Repair RAID-5 Column|
|Command Line Interface|
|Commit Pending Operations|
|Supported Operating Systems|
|Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2|
|Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2|
* Requires Acronis Disk Director 11 Home Update 1